THE 2015 BLUE RIDGE BRUTAL SURVEY
YOU TALK – WE LISTEN
THE 2015 BLUE RIDGE BRUTAL WAS RECORDED AND WILL BE SHOWN ON UNC-TV LATER THIS YEAR! (We’ll send out an eblast to let you know when)
First of all, thanks to everyone who completed our survey. We really appreciate it.
Reading through the survey replies it seems we are getting better each year but there’s still a lot more we can do to improve the BRB. We’re listening and we’re as determined as ever to make our ride the best and the safest while remaining one of the most challenging in the mountains of North Carolina.
Let’s start on a positive note with some complimentary comments:
- First class ride with great support
- Great ride! Thanks for organizing. I’ve no suggestions to improve.
- Best ride ever!! Loved it and plan to ride it again
- You have the BEST volunteers!! Keep up the great work. See you in 2016
- Keep the delightful volunteers
- Keep the beer…………..
- This ride is outstanding!
Our committee is already hard at work focusing on your concerns to make the 2016 BRB better!
Route, Signage and Volunteers at Key Turns
- Need better signage at turns toward the end of the 75 and 100-mile routes.
- Review location of Rest Stop 1 on the Parkway. More signage needed before rest stop.
- Additional volunteers at major turns throughout all routes.
- Riders preferred route change at the end of the 57 and 100 mile rides.
- We’ll also see if we can get a few cow bells and things to encourage y’all as you’re battling up some of the more serious hills!!!
- Talk to Rest Stop Sponsors regarding snack preferences
- Better signage for rest room facilities
SAG and Motor Cycle Support
- More training for SAG and motorcycle support in regards to positioning/proximity to riders/turns sessions just prior to this year’s ride.
- Review what supplies are carried to ensure we can address all routine bike problems that may occur
Fast Pack Water Bottles
- Re-evaluate fast pack water bottles
Start and Finish
- Start time will be announced 5 and 10 minutes before pre-ride announcement about safety and other important messages
- Re-evaluate beer quantity and distribution.
- Re-evaluate vegetarian options
- Re-evaluate outside tables, chairs and tents
PLEASE HELP US TO GROW THE BLUE RIDGE BRUTAL
- If you are a member of a club – please tell them how great the BRB is. Consider a team entry.
- Let us know if there are event websites we should be listing the BRB on
- Tell your friends. Buy them an entry and/or a BRB jersey as a birthday present. Email email@example.com for details
- Like us on Facebook
- Come back and ride this year